A few people have told me recently that they hope I find happiness. This strikes a cord for me because in reality, I should be happy. I’m in Peru and I am a single man with no financial issues, and one who is healthy.
Maybe assuming that happiness would come with a move overseas was a little naive. Maybe I’ve got to pursue that happiness properly. Maybe I need a bucket list of what I want to do here, because in reality I don’t really have one. And that means I’m just going to float without goals, waiting, wondering, stuck in my head…
So I give you my list of what I want to do in order to chase happiness in Peru….
BURNZY’S LIST TO CHASE HAPPINESS AND FULFILLMENT IN PERU:
- Learn how to surf.
- Learn how to sand board.
- See snow.
- See the source of the Amazon.
- Ride a llama. If that’s not possible then I want to touch one. If that’s not possible I want to spit on one. Or eat one. I don’t really know. Let’s just stick with riding one.
- Eat a guinea pig. Cooked would be preferable.
- Travel to Machu Picchu. (Oh my gosh, you know what would be better? I want someone to take a photo of me up at Machu Picchu, and I’m wearing a suit and bow tie and totally posing! I know this seems wrong, but I have to make an experience my own.)
- Visit Lake Titicaca
- See some long lost ruins.
- I want to visit the Temple of the Sun.
- I want a Peruvian sweater. I think I can get a good one in Cuzco.
- There is a city in the Amazon jungle called Iquitos, and apparently you can only get there by boat by river (a journey of a few days) or by plane. I would like to go there.
- I want to see some crazy Amazon beasts.
- I would like to eat some crazy Amazon beasts.
- I would like to buy a sombrero.
- There’s a modelling competition in Lima in April. Someone I competed against has entered. I would also either like to compete, or at least watch it to cheer him on.
- I would like to visit a few museums and learn some history.
- I would like to learn more Spanish; to be able to count and understand numbers up to 20, know the days of the week, the basic colors, etc etc.
- I would love to be able to change somebody’s life (for the better, of course).
- I want to see the Nazca Lines.
- I want to see the Colca Canyon. It’s twice as deep as the USA’s Grand Canyon.
- I want to take dancing lessons.
- I would like, for a time, not to give a care about what anybody else thinks.
- I would like to inspire you.